Do you want to claim maintenance, then consult a lawyer

It is possible that when you are staying together, you may quit the job for supporting the family. But, when you want to get separated then you would not immediately get a job. Since that you left job because of your partner, it is the responsibility of your partner to support you until you get into a job and start earning. For this you could claim for wife maintenance which is not considered as a legal point to be included in the document when there are no children out of marriage. So, consulting a lawyer could help you avail certain amount of money as monthly maintenance with which you could start finding a livelihood.